Welcome to the Teatrick Lavender Estate Shoppè
Enjoy the properties of lavender in a multitude of ways - the culinary products, healing cremès, bathing in a lavender bubble bath, a relaxing massage with lavender oil, smelling the glorious fragrance and companion planting in the garden.
Teatrick Lavender Estate supplier of quality lavender plants.
- Enquiries welcome via email or phone and supplied by arrangement.
- Available in tube stock; pots and standard lavenders in 8” pots.
- Bare-rooted English lavender plants for order in June for July delivery either pickup at the farm gate or can be freighted.
- Sales preferably at the farm gate or available at events.
Ideas for Standard Lavenders.
- Standard Lavenders are a great feature in the garden and my favourite variety is the Lavender Dentata as it is at its best in winter when other beautiful plants (i.e. roses) are dormant. As Lavender means love and affection, standard lavenders are a beautiful feature for weddings attractively decorated with ribbons as table decorations or used in place of fresh flowers. Standard lavenders are only available via post to South Australian residents or alternatively from Shoppe located on site at Teatrick Lavender Estate.
Benefits of growing lavender in your garden.
- Lavender plants are hardy drought tolerant perennial plant.
- All the grey foliage lavender plants are best used in a windy situation and are excellent to grow in poor soils especially suitable for coastal gardens.
- Lavender plants need full sun and excellent drainage and a clipping after the flowering season
- Lavender angustifolia has an evocative fragrance. By gently bruising the flowers a sweet fragrance is released. The benefits of this particular plant are that of companion planting. By planting close to the vegetable garden this lavender bush will attract the bees into the garden which will fertilize flowers of melons and tomatoes bringing on the season for these vegetables by 4 - 6 weeks.
Uses for Lavender plants in your garden.
- As edges, hedges, features or fence lines.